Minutes for Oct. 15, 2019 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:37 PM by President Gabriel Lara.

Minutes from the July 16, 2019 meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Open Forum

  1. Deputies Chavez and Pacheco from Precinct #1 Constable’s Office gave a presentation as to their duties.  Their office is at 3505 Pleasanton Rd. and consists of 18 officers.  They assist city police and sheriff.  They handle traffic control and civil cases.  If you have a complaint/concern, put it in writing or an email to the constable and they will check it out.  A brochure was handed out.
  2. Tony Gonzales, a candidate of US Congress, introduced himself and talked about his background, qualifications, and plans for the district if elected.   He also handed out a brochure.
  3. We then had speakers from Bexar County Public Works Department.  Kurt Franz handles traffic issues .  We asked him to do a new traffic study on Silver Maple.  Tony Picasso deals with Capital Improvements  and I was working with him regarding sidewalks in Coolcrest.  The project would involve moving cables, pipes and determining if flood issues would be involved.  Much more costly than originally thought so not possible at this time. Tony Vasquez handles maintenance issues.  Gabe is currently working with Robert Delaney about brush/bulky pickup in our area.  A resident brought up that White Ash was not redone the last time due to bees and now the road is coming up.  Tony took the information and will check it out.  You can call the Cagnon Service Center at 210-631-0220.
  4. Stephen Tzhone from EPA gave us a slide presentation  on the cleanup of the old River City Metal Plating property.  They are now in the Remedial Investigation phase where they collect field data.  There is a well onsite that has high levels of chromium but preliminary testing shows it is localized.  This phase will take 2-5 years.  The latest testing of our water shows everything is good.

Old Business

  1. Letters were sent to property owners not in compliance with the deed restriction.  No responses were received.  Gabe found no record of a license for the barbershop on Tallowood.  He will contact Code Compliance regarding the garage business on Grapevine.  TCEQ checked out the barrels on Poinciana and no citations were issued.
  2. I have not heard back from the contractor regarding the entry sign replacement or repair.  A resident works for a contractor but the main people are out of town until next week.  She will check with them. 
  3. I confirmed with TXDOT that the trees at Silver Maple and Potranco that are blocking our line of sight are on personal property and not the Right of Way.  Gabe will schedule a time to cut them down as we have the owner’s permission to do so.  To move the utility pole that is in the way, we would have to pay each entity involved to move it.
  4. The City of San Antonio Military Protection Ordinance was passed.  One item is a $250.00 fee to see if your project is in compliance.  Not sure if just new developers or all individuals.  Gabe wrote letters to Phil Cortez and Peter Flores asking for clarification. 

New Business

None

Next Meeting  January 21, 2020 (Election of Officers)

Meeting adjourned at 9:27 PM

Minutes for July 16, 2019 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:30 PM by President Gabriel Lara.

Minutes from the April 16, 2019 meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Old Business

  1. Gabe contacted TCEQ regarding the barrels at 12153 Poinciana and has not received any word back yet.  Gabe to check with Code Compliance regarding the truck repair business at 11935 Grapevine and possible oil, etc. spillage.  Gabe to check on state licensing for the barbershop at 12038 Tallowood .  Possible next action regarding these businesses may be sending them the letter required by state statute. Linda to send Gabe a copy of this letter.

      2.  The EPA has dug holes  and is testing the soil and water.  This is a 2 – 5 year process.  Gabe has invited EPA representative, Jason McKinney to the next POA Meeting.  Gabe will check with Jason about mowing the River City Plating site.

New Business

  1. We have permission to cleanup the weeds and trees that are blocking the line of sight on the lot at Potranco & Silver Maple..  Gabe will set a date for the cleanup.  Linda will check with the county about the utility pole that is also blocking the line of sight.
  2. Linda will send out an email asking for bids on repairing the entry signs and will also check with Southwest Water Company who has indicated that they would help with the cost.
  3. Gabe called Code Compliance regarding the dead trees at Bois D’Arc and Silver Maple.
  4. City Council has not yet agreed  on an ordinance for fees and fines for our area.  Gabe will stay on top of this issue.

Open Forum

Gabe will check with Commissioner Chico Rodriguez regarding Brush pickup in our area.

Next meeting is October 15, 2019

Meeting adjourned at 8:14 PM

        

        

             

           

          .

         

 

Minutes for Apr. 16, 2019 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:33 PM by President Gabriel Lara.

Minutes from the Jan. 15, 2019 meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved. Checking account now has a $20/mo.service charge so all monies were moved to the savings account. CD’s were renewed for another year.

Old Business

Eldon presented the new rates that have been agreed upon and Linda will send an email out to Coolcrest residents with this information.

New Business

The EPA will be here at the church on May 23, 2019 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM to provide us with an update as to what is being done at the old metal plating site next to Potranco Automotive. Linda will send out a notice now and then one closer to the meeting date.

Unauthorized businesses – At 11935 Grapevine, cars are being fixed. At 12038 Tallowood, there is a barber shop operating. Letters will be sent regarding deed restrictions and operating businesses in a residential area. The lot at 12153 Poinciana is a dumping site. Gabe will call Code Compliance.

Open Forum

Gabe had a question regarding the deed restrictions time limit. The deed restrictions have been extended with no expiration time. Linda will send him a link to them.

Next meeting is July 16,2019

Meeting adjourned at 8:15 PM

Minutes for Jan 15, 2019 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:30 PM

Minutes from the November 13th meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer’s Report was read and approved. CD’s are up for renewal, Kevin will research best rates.

Old Business:

Water rate hike- all subdivisions agreed that interim rates stay in effect through July 26th

Sidewalks- feasibility study on the subdivision getting sidewalks was good but there is no money currently in the budget. Roughly 2 years before they could start.

Shopping Center at Silver Maple and Potranco – no updates

New Business:

Meetings will now be held every three months instead of every other month.

Election of Officers: Elections were held, voted on and approved.

 President – Gabe Lara

Vice President – Albert Siller

Secretary – Linda Patillo

Treasurer – Kevin Pickering

Sargent of Arms – Richard Garza

Open Forum:

A neighbor on Poinciana recently had an issue with his water heater and discovered that the PSI was 95, which is very high. He wanted to let us know and if anyone has the same issue, there are devices you can purchase to make adjustments to lower.

Entrance sign for Coolcrest repair. Thoughts were to wait until the shopping center is built as there is a good possibility the sign will be covered in their plans.

Trucks still parking on street. A letter had been sent out already but we will send a reminder and put on Next Door.

Some neighbors are concerned over the large trucks in the subdivision, that they are being worked on and washed. A concern over the oil and chemicals that are being put into the environment could be harmful. Tires full of water at a house on Manzanita. The board suggested the neighbors call code compliance for these complaints.

There is also a house on Madrona that appears abandoned, trashed and run down. The board suggested Metro Health might be able to investigate.

A question was brought up about the skirting requirements for mobile homes. They do have to be fully enclosed.

Next meeting will be held on April 16, 2019.

Meeting adjourned at 8:25 PM

Minutes for Nov. 13, 2018 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:30 PM by President Eldon Rhodes.

Minutes from the July 10, 2018 meeting were read and approved.  Meeting Sept. 11, 2018 was cancelled due to a scheduling conflict.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved

Old Business

The EPA held a neighborhood meeting regarding the old River City Metal Finishing Company property on Potranco Rd.  They will start with a Remedial Investigation that could take 2-4 yrs.  Then a Feasibility Study – 1 yr. and then a Proposed Plan and Record of Decision.  They will keep us apprised of any actions being taken and assured us that there is no danger to our water system.

Letters were sent to all large truck owners or the property owners where trucks were parked.

The tree blocking the speed limit sign on Silver Maple has been removed

New Business

Phase 1 of the proposed water rate hike went into effect with the current bill while negotiations are still being held between Southwest Water and PUC.  They are required to report monthly to the SOAH judge as to their progress.  Nothing settled yet.

Linda has been in touch with the Bexar County Public Works Department in regards to getting sidewalks in Coolcrest.  Mr. Picasso, Capital Projects Engineer is doing a feasibility study for sidewalks on Silver Maple from Potranco to Grapevine, on Grapevine to Yellow Birch and Yellow Birch to join with the sidewalks in Amhurst.

The proposed shopping center at Potranco & Silver Maple is still a go.  They are ironing out some details.

Open Forum

Litter cleanup is being done by Scotty, Richard, Eldon and Albert.

The next meeting will be Jan. 15, 2019 and will be the election of officers.  (Correction to minutes as date was originally announced  for Jan 8, 2019 but had to be changed due to a scheduling conflict)

Meeting adjourned at 7:55 PM

 

Minutes for July 10, 2018 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:30 PM by President, Eldon Rhodes.

Minutes from the May 8, 2018 meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Old Business

Some brush and grass were removed from the entrance  to help motorists to be able to see oncoming traffic better.  Thank you to Richard and Eldon.

New Business

There is a hearing July 12, 2018 to determine if Southwest Water Company is a Class A or Class B utility.  Indications are that this will be a drawn out process.  Phase I proposed rates will go into effect Sep. 24, 2018.  This is only temporary until the final rates are agreed upon.

The old River City Metal Finishing Co. property on Potranco Rd between Potranco Automotive and Lone Star Cross Fit had been placed on the National Priority List for cleanup by the EPA.  It has been approved and the EPA has scheduled a community hearing for Aug 14, 2018 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM here at the church.  At that time they will explain what they will be doing to get this cleaned up so that our water supply stays safe which it is right now.

Richard has suggested that the POA send letters to the owners of 18 wheeler vehicles that are parking in our subdivision advising them of the new county signs that prohibit these types of vehicles from entering except for local deliveries. A motion was voted on and approved for letters to be sent if the Sheriff’s department won’t send them.  Linda is talking with Deputy Marquez to see what can be done but it is still the responsibility of a resident to call the Sheriff if they see a violation.

Garage sale signs are still being posted at the entrance.  It was voted on and approved that letters be sent to violators.  Richard provided the address, 11906 White Birch, of the last sign he removed.

Open Forum

Larry asked if anyone knew if the Geronimo Fire Department had stopped having their BBQ dinners.  Richard said that they are now funded by the ESD so probably don’t need the funds anymore.

It was pointed out that a tree at the southwest corner of Poinciana and Silver Maple is blocking the speed limit sign.  Also, there is a rut in the cul de sac on Eucalyptus.  Linda will report these to Bexar County Public Works.

It was brought up that their are residents who seem to be working on other than their personal cars at their houses.  A discussion was held.

Next meeting is September 11, 2018

Meeting adjourned at 8:18 PM

 

 

Minutes For May 8, 2018 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:31 PM by President, Eldon Rhodes,

Minutes from the March 13, 2018 meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Old Business

Thank you to Albert and Richard for the litter cleanup.

New Business

Eldon read a statement regarding the trucks over 1 ton in our neighborhood.  “The law regarding trucks in our subdivision is as posted by Bexar County at each entrance of the subdivision ‘Trucks over one ton prohibited except for local deliveries’.  Violation of this ordinance can result in a citation by local law enforcement.  The Coolcrest POA does not have the authority to enforce this ordinance or to grant exemptions to it.  Violation of this ordinance is at your own risk.

The shopping center at Silver Maple and Potranco is still going forth.  They are in the process of surveying and getting permits.

Richard called Chico Rodriguez’s office regarding the need for speed bumps as people are still speeding down Silver Maple and not stopping at the stop signs.  He spoke with Sylvia who contacted Bexar County.  Mr. Franz called Richard and stated that towards the end of May, they would come check things out.  Richard also told him that the entrance is too narrow.

Open Forum

Nothing

Next Meeting is July 10, 2018

Meeting adjourned at 7:55 PM

 

 

 

Minutes for Mar. 13, 2018 POA Meeting

Meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m.

Meeting notes from the January 9th meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer report was read and approved.

Old Business:

  • No Trucks Over One Ton Signs have been installed in the subdivision. We still have 18 wheelers in the subdivision that reside there. The Sheriff’s Department is looking into any trucks that are parked on the street. Trucks parked in driveways is okay, they just cannot be parked on the street. Several residents were in attendance concerned on what was allowed.
  • Speed limit sign on Poinciana that was down has been reinstalled
  • Construction on Potranco – lane switch scheduled for March 16th
  • Flashing lights around stop signs- this has been looked into and it’s too costly

New Business:

  • Neighborhood clean up at the entry way – Saturday March 31st at 9:00 a.m.

Open Forum:

  • Lot next to the Whites on Poinciana has had a lot of gravel put down and a new commercial looking fence and gate. Appears like a business. Scotty is going to call the Code Compliance department to check on this and the POA board may need to send a letter to the lot owner.

Next meeting May 8th

Meeting adjourned at 7:55 p.m.

Minutes for Jan. 9, 2018 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:30 PM by President Eldon Rhodes.

Minutes from the Nov. 14, 2017 meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Old Business

Instead of sending an email asking for donations for the street lights, a collection was held at the water rate hike petition signing event.

Linda will send out an email regarding the posting of garage sale signs at the entrance to Coolcrest.

New Business

We submitted 169 signatures on the petition and 7 individuals filed their own protest forms.  This pushed us over the required number and there are currently 486 protest on file.  The implementation of the rate hike on Jan 2, 2018 has been suspended for no more than 265 days or until a resolution is obtained from a hearing.  An email was sent with this updated information.

On Yellow Birch going into Amhurst, there is a sign restricting trucks over 1 ton going into Amhurst except for deliveries.  Linda to check to see if we can get these signs for Coolcrest.  Also, 18 wheelers are parking in the right of way on Grapevine.  Residents advised to contact the non-emergency number for the sheriff’s department and Linda will send an email to her contact there.

Nominations for officers were:

President – Eldon Rhodes, V. President – Albert Siller, Secretary – Linda Patillo, Treasurer – Kevin Pickering, and Sgt At Arms – Richard Garza.  All nominations were seconded and there were no additional nominations made.  All were elected unanimously.

Open Forum

There is a speed limit sign down on Poinciana right off of Grosenbacher by the water tank. Linda will call it in.

People parking in the street by the 4 way stop signs waiting to drop off or pick up school children are blocking the line of sight.  Richard will post on Nextdoor asking them to pull off the road and back from the stop signs.

Next Meeting is March 13, 2018

Meeting adjourned at 8:20 PM

 

 

Minutes for Nov. 14, 2017 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:33 PM by President Eldon Rhodes.

Minutes from the Sept. 12, 2017 meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Old Business

Bexar County Public Works said that they don’t have a program for flashing lights around stop signs but will look into it.  Follow-up – it is still being discussed.

New Business

  1.  Potranco Road construction Phase 2 to be completed by first part of February, 2018.  There will be a light at American Lotus and in our area, 5 lanes with no concrete dividers.
  2. It was decided that Garage Sale signs can only be posted on or at the Bulletin Board and must be removed no later than the following day after the sale.  Linda will send an email and post on the website and Richard will post to Nextdoor.
  3. It was decided to suspend the Flea Market until further notice due to poor response. Linda will send an email and Richard will post on Nextdoor requesting donations be given to keep the street lights on.  Donations to be sent to the Treasurer, Tracy Pickering.

Open Forum

Entrance sign was hit again but repairs or replacement will not be done until road construction and shopping center construction are completed.

A retail center, The Shops At Dove Creek is going in next to Walmart and along 1604.

The board will be coming up with a plan of action to fight the proposed water rate hike.

Election of officers will be held at the next meeting on Jan. 9, 2018

Meeting adjourned at 8:18 PM