Minutes for Oct 18, 2022 POA Meeting

All board members present and 8 property owners.

The meeting was held at Christian Family Baptist Church at 1589 Grosenbacher Rd. and was called to order at 7:35 p.m.

Introductions of the board members was done.

Read and approve minutes from the April 19, 2022 meeting
Minutes approved unanimously

Read and approve Treasurer’s report
Treasurer’s report approved unanimously
A question was answered in regards to how we had obtained the current assets; they were awarded from a civil law suit.

New Business

  1. Deed Restrictions
    a. Brief review
    • Discussed the current covenants and some of the major violations of them that are occurring. It was brought to attention that we need to look towards the future because if these violations are not brought under control, it will get worse before better. New members asked what they liked about Coolcrest: quiet neighborhood, bigger lots, no HOA.
    b. Item #14 amended reminder
    • In 1999 the covenants were continued in perpetuity; on file with the county and on our website
    c. Discuss possible amendments
    • Allowing certain types of businesses that do not cause excessive traffic, noise, pollution, etc. Changing setback requirements to possibly 25 ft instead of 50. Adding/removing certain items in regards to animal issues. Will look into forming a task force for this item.
    d. Upcoming enforcement efforts
    • Links to various enforcement agencies are listed on social media pages and our website. A list of violations will be sent to the MPA. Discussed speaking with the Board of Realtors to remind them and provide the covenants. It seems that since we are POA vs HOA there may be confusion about us having restrictions. Possibly try to find a list of homes bought recently in Coolcrest to provide the new owners with the covenants. Contacting the law enforcement agencies about the many oversized vehicles being stored/parked/driven thru our subdivision on a daily basis.
  2. “The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia” Coolcrest
    a. Current average cost to Coolcrest
    • $52 for the 4 lights along Silver Maple. The county will replace the bulbs when the need it.
    b. Future funding needed – ideas
    • Gabe (president) suggested that we approach the county to install more lights and pay for them monthly. Rebecca Flores, County Commissioner, will be attending our next meeting.
    • Richard (sgt at arms) suggested asking people to adopt a light
    • Member suggested sending letters to property owners asking for donations. Linda (treasurer) stated that letters had been sent in the past with not much response. Then same member suggested asking the businesses along Potranco, who are in our subdivision, for contributions. Gabe will send a letter to them.
    • Member stated that if all property owners would chip in $5 a year, it would cover the cost and enable the subdivision to have funds for other needs.
    • Sonya(secretary) will put requests on social media.
    • A raffle was suggested but we are unable to because we are not a 501c group.
  3. The Silver Maple Speedway
    a. Review historic attempts at adding 4 way stop signs
    • Gabe stated that things change from the past. Since we have a new county commissioner, it is a good idea to ask again for a new study. The last ones were done in 2014 and 2016.
    b. Review historic attempts for county to install speed bumps
    • After a study was conducted several years ago, it was determined that we do not qualify because we need sidewalks, which we are unable to get.
    • Sonya had researched current process/information to get speed bumps. The POA now is responsible to pay for them, which costs around $11,000 for a pair. The county would maintain thereafter.
    c. Discuss enforcement
    • It was suggested that we call precinct 1 for more patrol. More signage was suggested, but response was that people ignore the ones we have already.
  4. Social Media
    a. Facebook
    • New group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/607712647537284/
    b. Nextdoor App
    • New group on Nextdoor App
    https://nextdoor.com/g/d454pusmy/
    Gabe asked Sonya to send an email to property owners notifying them of these groups
  5. Subdivision Discount on Trash Service
    a. Any interest in pursuing
    • Sonya will provide a list of providers and their numbers and Gabe will call to see what they have to offer.

Open Forum
• Neighborhood Watch was brought up. It was a long time ago, but the light bill is under Coolcrest Crime Watch name. Sonya will call to check status and how to get it going again, possibly.
• Gabe reminded us that early votingfor the November 8th election begins on the 24th. This church will be a polling site for early election.

Next Meeting: January 16, 2023 Election of the POA Officers
• Richard announced the upcoming board member election. It was asked how one runs and answered that they must be nominated with a 2nd nomination to be put on the ballot. It is encouraged for property owners to get involved.

Adjourn
• Meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.

Agenda Coolcrest POA Mtg. Oct 18, 2022

Read and approve minutes from the April 19, 2022 meeting

Read and approve Treasurer’s report

New Business

  • Deed Restrictions
    • Brief review
    • Item #14 amended reminder
    • Discuss possible amendments
    • Upcoming enforcement efforts
  • “The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia” Coolcrest
    • Current average cost to Coolcrest
    • Future funding needed – ideas
  • The Silver Maple Speedway
    • Review historic attempts at adding 4 way stop signs
    • Review historic attempts for county to install speed bumps
    • Discuss enforcement 
  • Social Media
    • Facebook
    • Nextdoor App
  • Subdivision Discount on Trash Service
    • Any interest in pursuing

Open Forum

Next Meeting:  January 16, 2023  ***Election of the POA Officers***

Adjourn

Minutes for Apr 19, 2022 Coolcrest POA Mtg

Meeting was held via zoom. Meeting was called to order at 7:00PM by President Gabriel Lara.

Attendance present: Linda Patillo, Richard Garza, Sonya Cahalan, Hope Wilson, Eldon Rhodes

Minutes from the July 20,2021 were read and approved.

Treasures report was read and approved.

New Business

Update from the EPA on the River City Metal Finishing Superfund Site Project was given by Stephen Tzhone. The project is nearing its completion and will make the recommendation that it be placed on the NPL (National Priorities List) for recommendation that it should be deleted from the projects list. Once it has been in the deletion process a formal communication will be sent out for the comments period to be addressed. Once received we will place the form in the Coolcrest POA website for comments to be furnished back to the EPA. That could happen as early as September, October of this year. The comment period is between 30 or 60 days once announced.

Representing the EPA were:

Stephen Tzhone 214 665 8409

Brian Mueller

Jason Mckinney Community Involvement Coordinator  214 665 8132

The EPA website for additional information on the project  is: Https://WWW.EPA.GOV/SUPERFUND/RIVER-CITY-METAL-FINISHING

Open Forum

Representative Patty Hernandez from County Commissioner Prescient One office attended the meeting.

She had several takeaways that were given to her to follow up on. She can be reached at the following phone numbers for any questions.

Office: 210 335 2891

Mobile: 210 335 2611

Next Meeting: July 19, 2022

Meeting adjourned at 8:37PM

Agenda Coolcrest POA Mtg. Apr 19, 2022

Meeting to be held via Zoom

Read and approve minutes from July 20, 2021 meeting

Read and approve Treasurer’s report

New Business

1.    Update from EPA on the River City Metal Site

2.      Discuss possible fund raiser (flea market)

Open Forum

Next Meeting July 19,2022

Adjourn meeting

Zoom information

Join Zoom Meetinghttps://us06web.zoom.us/j/89796276013?pwd=VGFxSmlJcnY5aEpCcXdnRmF4ZXA2QT09
Meeting ID: 897 9627 6013

Passcode: 882398

Minutes for Jul 20,2021 Coolcrest POA Mtg

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and also through Zoom. It was called to order at 7:09 PM by President Gabriel Lara.

Minutes from the Apr 6, 2021 meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

New Business

Update from EPA on the River City Metal Finishing Superfund Site Project by Jason McKinney. They are planning a virtual meeting to be held Aug. 10, 2021 from 6:30 – 8:00 PM. Stephen Tzhone from the EPA will share the Remedial Investigative Results of contamination at the site. Use of this property will be restricted to commercial/industrial only. Information regarding this meeting will be sent out to Coolcrest residents.

Election of Officers

All offices had only 1 candidate and were elected by acclimation of all parties present.

President Gabriel Lara

Vice President Albert Siller

Secretary/Sargent at Arms Richard Garza

Treasurer Linda Patillo

Open Forum

There are junk cars at 12111 Madrona and more on Madrona at another location. Letters need to be sent stating that they are in violation.

Someone heard that the owner of the lot at Yellow Birch and Manzanita is planning on parking large trucks on the lot which is in violation of the deed restrictions and the traffic signs banning large trucks in Coolcrest. Need to send a copy of deed restrictions and mention of the traffic signs to the owner.

Next meeting October 19, 2021

Meeting adjourned at 7:48 PM

Minutes for Apr 6, 2021 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and also through Zoom. It was called to order at 6:32 PM by President Gabriel Lara.

Prior to the business portion, Stephen Tzhone of the EPA made a presentation regarding the status of the River City Metal Finishing Superfund Site Project. The Risk assessment has been completed and no unacceptable risks were found. Public documents for this study can be found at https://cumulis.epa.gov/supercpad/SiteProfiles/index.cfm?fuseaction=second.scs&id=0606915&doc=Y&colid=36688&region=06&type=SC. The Feasibility Study is not needed as there is no risk. Other agencies involved have agreed with the EPA report. The next step is the Proposed Plan Stage which will include recommendations to the community and will probably show no further action is needed. There will be a formal community meeting in the summer of 2021. The final step, Records of Decision, should be completed by the winter of 2021. If someone is interested in the property , they can contact Stephen Tzhone at 214-665-8409 or Jason McKinney at 214-665-8132 who will put you in contact with the EPA Reuse team and their legal team. If any new information comes up in the future, this case can be re-opened.

Michael Blair from US Representative Tony Gonzales’ office spoke and said if there are any issues with a Federal agency, they can contact their office for assistance. He also gave an overview of what Tony is doing.

Patty Hernandez from Commissioner Precinct 1 Rebecca Clay-Flores’ office said that residents can call their office if they have any issues. The Commissioner has met with various Bexar County departments and the Constable’s office has been approved for 2 more positions. Patty can be reached at 210-335-2891 or 210-335-2611 or email patty.hernandez@bexar.org or commissionerpct1@bexar.org.

Minutes from the Jan 21,2020 meeting were read and approved

Treasurer report was read and approved

Old Business

Residents feel that the entrance to the subdivision is too narrow. Gabe will check on it with TXDOT.

A Certificate of Compatibility is now required by the city before any new construction, expansion of existing homes/buildings or change of land use can start.

New Business

Future meetings will be limited in person or via Zoom until the COVID situation changes.

Ms. Rodriguez secured enough funds through Go Fund Me to pay for the repair of the entrance signs. The work is in progress.

Election of Officers will be held at the May Meeting

Open Forum

The Deed Restrictions are very outdated and Gabe would like to see a committee formed of at least 3 members to review to see if anything can be done, or determine if the residents even want to do anything. Will try to set this up after the election of the board next month.

Gabe mentioned that he is concerned about the elderly who can not get out. Please let us know if you are aware of anyone needing help.

Tracy mentioned that we have 4 street lights cost $130-$140 per month. We have no money coming in and she suggested that we turn them off as nobody cares. Richard said that to turn them back on would be costly. Suggested we keep them on until the money runs out.

Next Meeting May 11, 2021 at 6:30 PM

Meeting adjourned at 8:12 PM

Agenda for Coolcrest POA Mtg Apr 6, 2021

Read and approve minutes from Jan 21, 2020 meeting

Read and approve Treasurer’s report

Update from EPA. Representatives will be on hand

Old Business

  1. City of San Antonio Military protection Ordinance
  2. Entrance to neighborhood curb not wide enough

New Business

Meetings via ZOOM

Entrance sign repairs

Election of officers to be held in May

Open Forum

Next Meeting TBD

Adjourn Meeting

Coolcrest Meeting Agenda Oct. 15, 2019

Read and approve minutes from July 16, 2019 meeting

Read and approve Treasurer’s report

Open Forum

Officer from Pct 1 Constable’s office will provide some safety tips

Candidate for 23rd Congressional District , Tony Gonzales, will have a presentation

Residents to be heard

Update from EPA representatives will be on hand

Old Business

  1. Letters sent to property owners
  2. Brick sign at entrance to subdivision
  3. Cleanup at Potranco and Silver Maple
  4. City of San Antonio Military Protection Ordinance

New Business

Next Meeting January 21, 2020 (Election of Officers)

Adjourn Meeting

Minutes for Jan 21, 2020 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:30 PM by President Gabriel Lara.

Minutes from the Oct 15, 2019 meeting were read and approved

Treasurer report read and approved

Open Forum:

Stephen Tzhone from EPA gave an update on the River City Plating testing. Samples were taken again mid-December. Preliminary data shows localized contamination detected in compound in additional wells. They checked if there was a concern and validated there was only shallow ground contamination and are validating the contaminant isn’t deeper. The contaminant has also been found regionally but also at very low levels.

Gabe is getting in touch with Amherst and Westcreek to set up another meeting with the representatives from the agencies working on the project to give another update to include those subdivisions.

Some property owners present at the meeting commented that when the water had been cut off in recent months that the water was brown when it was turned back on. This is not in connection with the River City project. Gabe said he would call Southwest and suggested the homeowners do the same if it was to happen again.

Property owners present at the meeting brought up complaints regarding the 18 wheelers that are parking in their streets and into their driveways, a mechanic shop that is selling cars, etc. The board members explained that these issues, as well as others (the hair shop on Tallowood, the property on Poinciana with the brick piles being dumped) have been addressed and the property owners have been sent letters by the POA but it is also up to the homeowners to take it upon themselves and call either county compliance or the Bexar County Sheriff, depending on the issue. The POA can only police to a certain extent what are in the deed restrictions.

Entryway- Gabe will check on status of the extended curb that was brought up in previous meetings. The curb seems to be in the way of turning into the subdivision, making it difficult to turn in without hitting the curb.

New Business:

Gabe has set up a new Yahoo account for homeowners.

Election of Officers: Gabe sent out notification on email, the website and Nextdoor to encourage others in the neighborhood to sign up for the posts on the board, however, no one other than current or past board members were nominated. The final election results for posts were:

President – Gabe Lara

Vice President – Albert Siller

Sargent at Arms – Richard Garza

The positions of Secretary and Treasurer were not filled and remain open.

Next Meeting  Apr 21, 2020

Meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.