Minutes for July 11, 2017 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:30 PM by President Eldon Rhodes.

Minutes from the May 9, 2017 meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Old Business

The downed Stop Ahead sign on Bois D’Arc was put back up.

New Business

  1.  New owners of the lots at Grosenbacher and Madrona wanted to open a business there.  They were told that this was against the Deed Restrictions as businesses were not allowed except along Potranco Rd..  A letter outlining the specific deed restrictions for Unit 2 was hand delivered to Mr. & Mrs. .Alejandro Mora and a signed receipt obtained.
  2. There will be crosswalks at Grosenbacher and Potranco Rd.
  3. Discussion regarding the subdivision entrance signs and the ruts in front of the bulletin board have been tabled until the road construction is completed and the new Potranco Square strip center is completed. The Southwest Water Company will be contacted at that time regarding assistance in repairing or replacing the entrance signs.
  4. Completion of the east bound Potranco road construction has been delayed until October.  Westbound completion will take 7-8 months after that.

Open Forum

There is a house on Tallowood running a hair salon in the home.

The question was raised if the county can install red lights around the stop signs at Bois D’Arc and Silver Maple as people are still running the stop sign.

We will decide on the October Flea Market at the September meeting.

Next Meeting is Sept 12, 2017

Meeting adjourned at 7:52 PM

 

Minutes for May 9, 2017 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:32 PM by President Eldon Rhodes.

Minutes from the March 14, 2017 meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer was absent so no report was available.

Old Business

A letter was sent to Mr. Bhinder, owner of the property at 11912 Potranco Rd., stating that if he met all of the deed restrictions, he could move a mobile building onto  this property.  The letter also asked him to sign the letter indicating that he would meet the deed restrictions and also not sell fireworks on the property.  As of this date, we have not had any response from Mr. Bhinder.

It was decided that we might possibly hold a Flea Market in October as the eastbound lanes of Potranco should be completed by the end of August, 2017.  The westbound lanes are scheduled for completion by the end of February, 2018.  There will be a traffic light at American Lotus.  There will be a designated turn lane into Coolcrest and you will be able to turn either direction when exiting Coolcrest.  There will be a median between Waterstone and Empressario and another at Grosenbacher.

New Business

None

Open Forum

Albert indicated that a “Stop Ahead” sign had been knocked down on Bois D’Arc.  Linda will get him the phone number to call to have it replaced.

A drainage problem exists between Eucalyptus and Bois D’Arc as people have filled in a natural drainage area in their yards. As this is on personal property, the POA can not do anything about it.

Next meeting will be July 11, 2017

Meeting adjourned at 7:47 PM

 

 

 

 

 

Minutes for Mar. 14, 2017 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:32 PM by President Eldon Rhodes.

Minutes from the Jan. 10, 2017 meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Old Business

Eldon, Richard, and Linda met with the owner of the property at 11912 Potranco on Mar. 11, 2017 to discuss the sale of fireworks on that property.  The owner, Mr. Bhinder, did not agree with the POA’s decision to prohibit the sale of fireworks anywhere in the Coolcrest Subdivision.  He also brought up the loss of a lease on that property for a bar & grill and was told by the lessee that the board had said no to having that business.  We explained that they never brought any plans to us for approval so there was no decision.  He then requested approval to move a mobile office onto that property for a liquor store.  The initial decision was no as the building was mobile but after further review of the deed restrictions pertaining to commercial property a letter will be sent agreeing if all deed restrictions are met and he adheres to the no fireworks decision.

New Business

Decision made to postpone the April Flea Market due to the road construction & safety issues.  A decision will be made at the May meeting whether or not to hold one in June.  Linda will send email to notify everyone and update website.

Litter pickup not needed as Richard has already done it.  Thanks Richard

Open Forum

Nothing brought up

Next meeting will be May 9, 2017.

Meeting adjourned at 7:47 PM

 

Minutes for Jan. 10, 2017 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:32 PM by President Eldon Rhodes.

Minutes from the November 8, 2016 meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

.Old Business

Christmas lights were put up at the entrance.

New Business

Plans were reviewed and approved for new home construction at 12054 Grapevine

An email request was made by the realtor for the buyers of the property at 12133 Madrona for clarification that a duplex/apartment could be built on this lot.  An email response was sent citing the deed restriction for single family home construction only.  They then asked if the lot could be sub-divided and a response was sent stating that sub-dividing must be approved by the board and with 10 foot restrictions on each side that would not leave enough room for a home.

Flea market dates for 2017 are April 1 and October 7.

Open Forum

A letter was sent last year informing the owner of the old El Gato property on Potranco  Rd. that firework stands are not allowed in the subdivision.  A fireworks stand was set up there again this year and Eldon talked with the property owner who was in the hospital at the time.  The owner said he would get back with Eldon in 2 weeks.  Due to there being only 3 days left in the year, taking legal was not feasible.  If no response, Eldon will contact him again.

Juan Estrada, property owner on Grapevine has 3 lots and wants to put mobile homes on them.  Richard advised him of the deed restrictions.

Floor opened for nominations for POA officers.  Nominations were:

President – Eldon Rhodes, V Pres – Richard Garza, Secretary – Linda Patillo, Treasurer- Tracy Pickering, and Sgt At Arms – Kevin Pickering.

No opposing nominations were made.  Vote taken and all officers unanimously elected.

Next meeting will be March 14, 2017.

Meeting adjourned at 7:56 PM

 

 

 

 

Minutes for Nov. 8, 2016 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:30 PM by President Eldon Rhodes.

Minutes from the September 20, 2016 meeting were read by President Eldon Rhodes and approved.

Treasurer’s report was read by Treasurer Tracy Pickering. Motion was made by Larry Pavlak and second by Albert Siller to approve the reports as given. All members approved the report.

Old Business

Linda sent out an email to property owners in reference to the dog pop needing to be picked up as the animals do their business

New Business

Plans were submitted, reviewed and approved for a new residence on 12219  Eucalyptus.

Question came up reference to the Xmas Lights whether we should put them up due to the construction of the new Sandra’ restaurant and possibly not having power.

A cleanup day was scheduled for Saturday November 19 at 9:00am.

Open Forum

We have a lot that was sold at 11107 White Birch to Juan Ayon. Sgt. at Arms Richard Garza spoke to the title company and informed them that we would need to review and approve building plans. There is also a lot that is being cleared on Grapevine.

Sgt. at Arms Richard Garza noticed that we have vehicles that are not running in some of the lots and that we need to send them a letter notifying them of the deed restrictions violation.

Next meeting will be held on January 10, 2017 for election of new officers.

Meeting adjourned at 7:45 PM

Minutes for Sept 20, 2016 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:30 PM by President Eldon Rhodes.

Minutes from the July 12, 2016 meeting were read and approved

Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Old Business

A letter was not sent regarding the new home on Tallowood as the time limit for construction had not expired.  Construction has resumed.

New Business

Flea Market is Oct 1 and we need volunteers.  Linda gave the hrs and the following volunteered.  6-8  Linda, 8-10 Richard, 10-noon Scotty, noon-2 no one yet.

A resident contacted Linda regarding pet owners walking their dogs and not picking up the dog’s poop especially when it is around mailboxes where people walk all the time.  Linda will send out an email.

Plans were submitted and approved for the new Sandra’s restaurant.

1604 road construction from Culebra to Potranco will start in October and Potranco to Hwy 90 will start in November.

Open Forum

The lot at Potranco and Silver Maple has a sign advertising a strip center to be constructed.  Eldon contacted the realtor and they are aware of the deed restrictions and she is waiting on the plans so she can submit them to us for approval.

If anyone knows of a concrete contractor living in Coolcrest, please let Pastor Rob know.  He needs an estimate for a concrete pad.

It was recommended that the Flea Market sign be put out sooner and other advertising done as people need time to gather items.

Richard welcomed Fernando and Rosemary Cordova to Coolcrest.

Resident Gabe Lara spoke to the group regarding his run for Bexar County Commissioner Pct 1 as a write-in candidate.

Next meeting will be Nov. 8, 2016

Meeting adjourned at 7:57 PM

 

 

Minutes for July 12, 2016 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:40 PM by President Eldon Rhodes.

Minutes from the May 10. 2016 meeting were read and approved

Treasurer’s report was read and approved

Old Business

Speed monitor sign was installed today but is not working yet.

Frank finally talked to the owner of the lot across from Tinka Taco and they do not want the railroad ties to block parking there.

New Business

None

Open Forum

Eldon reiterated the purpose and guidelines for the open forum

Richard has removed numerous For Sale signs and a Roofing Ad sign from around the bulletin board and the entrance to the subdivision

4 Way stop – people are still rolling through or running the stop sign.

New home construction on Tallowood has been stopped for awhile so a letter will be sent to the owner reminding them of deed restriction on construction time limit.

Linda will check with Pape Dawson on Potranco Rd. project about the pipelines that are being installed and timelines now.

Question raised about the parking of 18 wheelers in the neighborhood.  They can be parked on the property but not in the street.  Call the non-emergency number for the Sherriff’s department.

Next meeting changed to Sept 20 as 3 board members will be out of town on the regular meeting date of Sept 13.

Meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM

 

Minutes for May 10, 2016 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:30 PM by President Eldon Rhodes.

Minutes from the March 8, 2016 meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Old Business.

The speed monitor sign has been received by Bexar County Public Works but was missing some parts.  When those are received, it will be installed.

Dumpster Availability – Eldon & Albert met with Bexar County Public Works rep to discuss this issue.  They found out that this would be open to everyone and not just Coolcrest residents.  Any damage on the property used would be our responsibility along with other areas of responsibility.  Albert checked and there are no other scheduled dump days in this area.  Issue tabled for now.

Bulletin board sign has been updated with new meeting place address and website info

Trash pickup was cancelled as Richard had already picked everything up.  Thanks Richard.

At a prior meeting, residents at Madrona and Yellow Birch had complained of flooding.  This is not a POA issue but recently  Eldon met with the residents and Bexar County Public Works.  It was learned that the developer’s submitted plan was not accurate and therefore, flooding was occurring.  Public Works will get with the developer.

New Business

No response from Frank regarding his contact with owner of property across from Tinka Taco and our proposal to place railroad ties across property line to keep vehicles from parking there.  Eldon will check with Frank and if no contact has been made, a letter will be sent to owner.

Open Forum

Eldon explained purpose of open forum – Issues must be pertinent to subdivision.  It must be something that the POA has the authority and means to act on.  It is not a bitch session. If appropriate, it will be listed on the next meeting’s agenda for consideration.

Next meeting July 12, 2016

Meeting adjourned at 7:50 PM

 

Minutes for Mar. 8, 2016 POA Meeting

Meeting was held at the Christian Family Baptist Church and was called to order at 7:30 PM by President Eldon Rhodes.

Minutes from the January 12, 2016 meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Old Business.

Potranco road expansion is set to begin at the end of April.

Albert Sellers reported that the spring cleanup dumpster is to be held at the Family Christian church on a Saturday that does not conflict with the food bank held by the church. Once the date has been set it will be posted on the Coolcrest website.

Letter has been sent to the property owner where the El Gato tire center was notifying him that a firework stand is not allowed on the property within the Coolcrest subdivision per the board’s voting on it at a previous meeting.

New Business

The flea market/arts and crafts dates were set to be held on April 2 and October 1.

The next trash pickup was set for March 26 at 9:00am. We will meet at the bulletin board.

Open Forum

Eldon Rhodes explained to the members present what the meaning of open forum is. It is to bring up issues and suggested solutions and it is not to be a complaining session.

Richard Garza brought up that he is going to contact home owner Ruben Martinez to see if he can level out the ground at the front entrance where the utility company has dug up the ground.  There are too many ruts and it makes it difficult to mow.

Albert Sellers reported that he is working on getting the sign on the bulletin board updated to reflect the current meeting location.  .

Next meeting is to be held on May 10, 2016

Meeting was adjourned at 8:01 PM.

Agenda for Coolcrest POA Mtg Mar 8, 2016

Call meeting to order

Old Business.

  1. Review and approve minutes of  Jan 12, 2016 meeting.
  2. Review and approve Treasurer’s  report
  3. Update on Potranco Rd. construction.
  4. Update on dumpster availability
  5. Report from Sharon regarding the property across from Tink A Taco.
  6. Letter was sent to El Gato Tire shop property owner regarding fireworks stand

New Business.

  1.  Set dates for Flea Markets

Open Forum

  1.  Purpose
  2. Guidelines
  3. Open floor for discussion

Next meeting April 12, 2016

Adjourn meeting